Makes 12 muffins
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill 7 Grain Cereal
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 scoop whey protein powder (eliminate if making vegan, or use a vegan protein powder)
- 2 medium bananas
- 2 eggs or 2 Tbs milled flax seeds whipped in 7 Tbs water (use this egg substitute if making vegan)
- 1/2 cup agave nectar (pick this up at Costco, you can get two bottles for the price of one at the health food store, it's about $7.50 for the two bottles)
- 1/3 cup Earth Balance or oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of one medium lemon and the juice
- 2 Tbs Chia seeds* (you could also use poppy seeds)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and protein powder.
- In a blender mix bananas, eggs (or egg alternative), agave, Earth Balance (or oil), vanilla, lemon zest and juice.
- Pour the liquid into the bowl containing the dry ingredients and mix together. Mix in the chia seeds.
- Grease a muffin pan (use the wrapper from the butter) and pour the mixture evenly into the cups.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove from the pan once cool.
~Another Muffin Recipe modified from the Blueberry Muffins~