- 1 organic chicken breast
- 2 pieces Ezekiel bread
- 1 tsp Italian seasonings
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 Tbs whole wheat flour
- 1 organic egg
- Penne pasta
- Spaghetti sauce
- Parmesan cheese
- Green beans
- Cooking spray
- Gently toast the Ezekiel bread until it is dry and slightly brown.
- Pre-heat your oven to 475 degrees.
- In a food processor or blender add Ezekiel bread, salt & pepper, Italian seasonings, and red pepper flakes. Blend until you have fine bread crumbs.
- You will need three shallow bowls, one for the flour, one for the bread crumbs and one for the egg. You will also need a wire rack for baking and a baking sheet covered with foil.
- Add a little bit of Parmesan cheese to the bowl with the bread crumbs and mix in.
- Pound down the chicken until 1/2 inch thick. Season with salt & pepper and roll in the flour dish.
- After the flour, dunk the chicken in the beaten egg.
- Cover with bread crumb/cheese mixture and set onto a wire rank. Spray the wire rack with cooking spray before you place the chicken on the rack. Spay the chicken with cooking spray and place into the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, cook the penne pasta al dente about 10 minutes. Cooking pasta al dente is not only the proper way to cook pasta, but it also lowers its Glycemic Index number, which means it is slower to digest and easier on your blood sugar.
- Steam the green beans in a steamer basket for about 4-7 minutes, or until bright green and slightly crunchy.
- Heat the spaghetti sauce in a sauce pan while everything else cooks.
- Plate your meal.